The Health Museum offers a specialized homeschool curriculum every second Tuesday of the month, during the fall and spring semesters. Homeschool groups receive a $2 discount per admission.
Our homeschool curriculum is designed to engage students in a variety of interactive learning experiences. Here’s what you can expect:
- Explore museum exhibits – our exhibits are designed to be both informative and engaging, providing students with a wealth of knowledge about the human body and health.
- Visits to the DeBakey Cell Lab – named after the pioneering heart surgeon, Dr. Michael E. DeBakey, this lab offers a fascinating insight into the world of cells.
- Learning from a Discovery Cart – packed with interesting exhibits and activities that are designed to spark curiosity and encourage learning.
- Hands-on learning from DIY dissection labs – for those interested in anatomy, our DIY dissection labs offer a unique opportunity to touch and learn, see details below
Homeschool Admission Discounts
Homeschool groups receive a $2 discount per admission on eligible Home School Tuesdays.
|Children under 3
|Children (ages 3-12)
Dissection Lab Tickets
|April 9 – Pig Kidney Dissection
|May 14 – Brain Dissection
- Due to the presence of chemicals and dissection tools, all students ages 13 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Each student will work with their own specimen.
- Due to space limitations, non-participating students cannot be accommodated in the lab.
- All classes require a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 15 participants. The Health Museum reserves the right to cancel classes that have not met our minimum enrollment requirement.
- The registration/payment deadline for each class is the Friday prior to that class.
- Parents may accompany their child in the workshop or explore the museum but must remain onsite.
- If the museum cancels a class, participants will receive a full refund. If a participant cancels a registration, they will receive a full refund if it is 14 days prior and 50% if it is at least 7 days prior.
- Any cancellations less than 7 days before a class will not receive a refund or credit towards another class.
- The 15% off member discount on DIY LABS is available for Family membership and up.
Kennethia RideauxAssistant Director, Programseducation@thehealthmuseum.org713-337-8458
Please reach out for questions about homeschool programs at The Health Museum